Your privacy is important to Travelodge Hotels Asia. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Travelodge Hotels Asia collects, and the ways in which Travelodge Hotels Asia uses that personal information. We hold your personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act in Singapore (the “Act”) which applies to all divisions and organisations in Travelodge Hotels Asia (collectively, “TLA”) and Travelodge Hotels Asia’s stable of brands (further details of which are available at www.travelodgehotels.asia). We also comply with local data protection and privacy laws in our operations out from Singapore.
Personal information collection
Travelodge Hotels Asia may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Contact details;
- Account information;
- Your preferences;
- Your queries;
- Your requests; and
- Your feedback.
We collect your personal information through:
- You signing up for alerts or newsletters;
- You visiting our websites;
- You making a reservation or staying in any of our properties;
- You dining in our food and beverage outlets;
- You applying for a job with us;
- You participating in our marketing or promotional events;
- You using our products or services;
- You contacting us with your queries, requests or feedback;
- Our conducting or completing of transactions;
- Our conducting of market research or surveys; and
- Our conducting of interviews.
Using your personal information
Travelodge Hotels Asia may use your personal information to:
- Manage your reservation for stay in any of our properties or dining in our food and beverage outlets;
- Send to you statements and invoices;
- Enable your access to and use of the website services;
- Provide customer service;
- Conduct market research and improve customer service;
- Collect payments from you;
- Maintain investor relations; and
- Send you marketing communications.
Securing your personal information
Travelodge Hotels Asia will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will only use, disclose and / or transfer your personal information for the purposes you have been notified of and consented to or which are permitted under applicable laws and regulations.
Travelodge Hotels Asia will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers. However, you will appreciate that it is not for us to perfectly secure your personal information from cyber-attacks, such as hacking, spyware and viruses. Accordingly, you will not hold us liable for any unauthorised disclosure, loss or destruction of your personal information arising from such risks.
The Act also requires us not to store personal information longer than necessary. We will cease to retain your personal information when we no longer require such personal information for the purposes we originally notified you of or for any business or legal needs.
Sharing your personal information
Depending on the product or service concerned, personal data may be disclosed or transferred to:
- Other divisions or organisations within TLA;
- Our joint venture / alliance partners;
- Our service providers and specialist advisers / institutions who have been contracted to provide administrative, financial, legal, accounting, information technology, research or other services;
- Other insurers, credit providers, courts, tribunals, law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies as agreed or authorised by law;
- Anyone authorised by an individual, as specified by that individual or the contract.
Where personal information is disclosed or transferred to organisations outside of TLA who handle or obtain personal information as service providers to TLA, we require such organisations to acknowledge the confidentiality of such personal information, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the Act and this Policy and use such personal information only for our purposes and otherwise follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information.
In addition, where personal information is transferred overseas and we may need to process or deal with your personal information outside Singapore, we will ensure that such transfer is in compliance with the Act and this Policy or is permitted under applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies cannot be used to disclose your individual identity to us, though in some cases we may tie Travelodge or third-party cookies to personal information you have provided to us or that we have otherwise obtained about you.
- Remember your username and password so that future log-in is easier and faster;
- Adapt our website to the display preferences of your device (language, currency and display resolution etc.);
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
- Collect statistics or test different ways of displaying information in order to improve the relevance and usability of our services;
- Track your response to advertisements and website for analysis and the number of times we send you the same advertisement;
- Measure how many people use the website, and how they use it, so that we may keep it running quickly and efficiently; and
- Help us to deliver content to you that is relevant to your interests and location.
Please note that in addition to Travelodge Hotels Asia cookies, various third parties may also place cookies on your computer’s hard drive. Travelodge Hotels Asia is not responsible for the presence or absence of third party cookies, or for the technological capabilities or practices employed by third parties in connection with third party cookies.
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent. If you would prefer not to have the benefits of cookies, your Internet browser can be adjusted to treat cookies in different ways. Depending upon the type of browser you are using, you may be able to configure your browser so that: (i) you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis or (ii) you may be able to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of your web browser for specific details about cookie security. However, you should also understand that rejecting cookies might affect your ability to perform certain transactions on our web sites and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
Updating this statement
Travelodge Hotels Asia may update this privacy statement by posting a new version on this website, in accordance with new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes. This Policy was last updated in June 2018.
Contact Travelodge Hotels Asia
- By email to: email@example.com or
- By post to: Travelodge Hotels (Asia) Pte Ltd, 10 Anson Road, #28-16 International Plaza, Singapore 079903.