Your privacy is important to Travelodge Hotels Asia. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Travelodge Hotels Asia collects, and the ways in which Travelodge Hotels Asia uses that personal information. We hold your personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act in Singapore (the “Act”) which applies to all divisions and organisations in Travelodge Hotels Asia (collectively, “TLA”) and Travelodge Hotels Asia’s stable of brands (further details of which are available at www.travelodgehotels.asia). We also comply with local data protection and privacy laws in our operations out from Singapore.
Personal information collection
Travelodge Hotels Asia may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Contact details;
- Account information;
- Your preferences;
- Your queries;
- Your requests; and
- Your feedback.
We collect your personal information through:
- You signing up for alerts or newsletters;
- You visiting our websites, etc;
- You making a reservation or staying in properties which we own or operate;
- You dining in our food and beverage outlets;
- You applying for a job with us;
- You participating in our marketing or promotional events;
- You using our products or services;
- You contacting us with your queries, requests or feedback;
- Our conducting or completing of transactions;
- Our conducting market research or surveys; and
- Our conducting interviews.
Using your personal information
Travelodge Hotels Asia may use your personal information to:
- Manage your reservation in any of our properties or dining in our food and beverage outlets or staying in properties that we operate;
- Send to you statements and invoices;
- Enable your access to and use of the website services;
- Provide customer service;
- Conduct market research and improve customer service;
- Collect payments from you;
- Maintain investor relations; and
- Send you marketing communications.
Securing your personal information
Travelodge Hotels Asia will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will only use, disclose and / or transfer your personal information for the purposes you have been notified of and consented to or which are permitted under applicable laws and regulations.
Travelodge Hotels Asia will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers. However, you will appreciate that it is not for us to perfectly secure your personal information from cyber-attacks, such as hacking, spyware and viruses. Accordingly, you will not hold us liable for any unauthorised disclosure, loss or destruction of your personal information arising from such risks.
The Act also requires us not to store personal information longer than necessary. We will cease to retain your personal information when we no longer require such personal information for the purposes we originally notified you of or for any business or legal needs.
Sharing your personal information
Depending on the product or service concerned, personal data may be disclosed or transferred to:
- Other divisions or organisations within TLA and Travelodge Hotels Asia’s stable of brands;
- Our joint venture / alliance partners;
- Our service providers and specialist advisers / institutions who have been contracted to provide administrative, financial, legal, accounting, information technology, research or other services;
- Other insurers, credit providers, courts, tribunals, law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies as agreed or authorised by law;
- Credit reporting or reference agencies or insurance investigators;
- Anyone authorised by an individual, as specified by that individual or the contract.
Where personal information is disclosed or transferred to organisations outside of TLA who handle or obtain personal information as service providers to TLA, we require such organisations to acknowledge the confidentiality of such personal information, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the Act and this Policy and use such personal information only for our purposes and otherwise follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information.
In addition, where personal information is transferred overseas and we may need to process or deal with your personal information outside Singapore, we will ensure that such transfer is in compliance with the Act and this Police or is permitted under applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
Updating this statement
Travelodge Hotels Asia may update this privacy statement by posting a new version on this website, in accordance with new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes. This Policy was last updated on 10 April 2016.
Contact Travelodge Hotels Asia
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- By post to: Travelodge Hotels (Asia) Pte Ltd, 10 Anson Road, #29-03 International Plaza, Singapore 079903.