Travelodge Hotels (Asia) Pte Ltd
10 Anson Road #28-16
International Plaza Singapore 079903
T : +65 6221 4665
E : email@example.com
Travelodge Cashback Terms and Conditions
Last updated on March 2023
The Travelodge Cashback programme (the “Programme”) is a loyalty programme offered by Travelodge Hotels Asia, subject to these Terms and Conditions which may be amended and updated from time to time.
1. Eligibility and Registration
- Member Eligibility. The Programme is open to all persons who are at least 18 years of age and are legally considered to be an adult and have the legal capacity to contract in the Member’s jurisdiction.
- Membership Fee. There is no fee to join the Programme.
- Membership Registration. Eligible persons may register as new members in the Programme:
- online on the www.travelodgehotels.asia website, the Travelodge Hotels Asia mobile app;
- onsite at our front office counters;
- during a stay at a Participating Hotel; or
- such other means or channels authorized from time to time by Travelodge Hotels Asia.
2. Participating Hotels.
Travelodge Hotels in Asia currently participating in the Travelodge Cashback Programme include the following hotels:
- Travelodge Kowloon
- Travelodge Honmachi Osaka
- Travelodge Kyoto Shijo Kawaramachi
- Travelodge Nagoya Sakae
- Travelodge Sapporo Suzukino
- Travelodge Bukit Bintang
- Travelodge Chinatown Kuala Lumpur
- Travelodge Georgetown Penang
- Travelodge Ipoh
- Travelodge Harbourfront Singapore
- Travelodge Dongdaemun
- Travelodge Myeongdong City Hall
- Travelodge Myeongdong Euljiro
- Travelodge Pattaya
- Travelodge Phuket Town
- Travelodge Nimman
- Travelodge Sukhumvit 11
3. Membership Levels.
a. Members may be Classic Members, Silver Members or Gold Members under the Programme:
- Classic Members. All new Members start as Classic Members upon registration in the Programme.
- Silver Members. After having completed at least thirty (30) Qualified Nights in one year, Members are promoted to Silver Members.
- Gold Members. After having completed at least fifty-five (55) Qualified Nights in one year, Members are promoted to Gold Members.
- Members are entitled to the following check in/out benefits:
Benefits : Early Check in – up to 2 hours
- Classic Members – Subject to availability
- Silver Members – Guaranteed*
- Gold Members – Guaranteed*
Benefits : Late Check out – up to 2 hours
- Classic Members – Subject to availability
- Silver Members – Guaranteed*
- Gold Members – Guaranteed*
* This benefit is available only upon Member request. Members who wish to receive this benefit must email the hotel 48 hours prior to their arrival. Specific time is defined at the hotel’s discretion.
b. Currency of Membership:
- Gold Members who have not completed at least fifty-five (55) Qualified Nights in one (1) year as of the last upgrade date will be downgraded to the tier for which they qualify based on the number of qualified nights in each tier.
- Silver Members who have not completed at least thirty (30) Qualified Nights in one (1) year as of the last upgrade date will be downgraded to Classic level.
- Classic Members who have not earned or redeemed any Travelodge Cashback Credits for a continuous period of 365 days will become inactive.
4. Earning Travelodge Cashback Credits:
- Commencement Date. Members may earn Travelodge Cashback Credits for Qualifying Stays based on the Eligible Charges at Participating Hotels, commencing from (i) the date of registration in the Programme; or (ii) 20 February 2023, whichever date is the later. Travelodge Cashback Credits will not be earned for stays completed prior to such commencement date. Eligible persons may register as new members in the Programme:
- Percentages Earned. Members earn Travelodge Cashback Credits based on their Membership levels as follows:
Percentage of Travelodge Cashback Credits earned on Eligible Charges
Classic Members – 3%
Silver Members – 4%
Gold Members – 5%
- Validity Period.
- Travelodge Cashback Credits are valid for a period of 365 consecutive days from the date on which Travelodge Cashback Credits are credited to the Member’s account whether as a Classic, Silver, or Gold Members.
- Upon the expiry of the validity period, the relevant accrued Travelodge Cashback Credits will be lost without further notice and without the possibility of restoring or transferring them.
- Travelodge Cashback Credits will be added to a Membership account within seven (7) business days following check-out from the Participating hotel.
- Travelodge Cashback Credits will be awarded in U.S. dollar currency and rounded down to the nearest U.S. dollar at a rate determined by Travelodge Hotel Asia at its sole discretion.
- The Programme may offer limited-time promotions that offer Bonus Travelodge Cashback Credits and/or Rewards Bonus to Members for completion of activities that are tied to a promotion. Those promotions are governed by these Terms and Conditions but may have additional terms and conditions specific to that promotion or may be available only to selected Members.
- Qualifying Booking Platforms. Travelodge Cashback Credits may be earned or redeemed only for Qualifying Stays booked through the www.travelodgehotels.asia website or the Travelodge Hotels Asia mobile app. No Travelodge Cashback Credits may be earned or redeemed for bookings made through third party platforms or other channels.
- Qualified Nights: A Qualified Night refers to an overnight stay completed by a Member at a Participating Hotel.
- Qualifying Stay. A “Stay” is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same Participating Hotel, regardless of frequency of Check-In / Check-Out. A Stay is a “Qualifying Stay” when a Member pays a Qualifying Rate for that Stay.
- Qualifying Rates. Qualifying Rates include Advance Purchase rates, Best Flexible rates, and specified rates as confirmed by Travelodge Hotels Asia’s reservation systems and booked through the www.travelodgehotels.asia website or the Travelodge Hotels Asia mobile app.
- Non-Qualifying Rates. Members will not earn Travelodge Cashback Credits and/or enjoy Member benefits during a Stay on Non-Qualifying Rates. No Travelodge Cashback Credits will also be earned on food and beverage purchases, parking, in room dining, movies, and any other incidental charges incurred during a Member’s Stay on Non-Qualifying Rates. Non- Qualifying Rates include (a) hotel provided complimentary rooms; (b) online travel
agency or third-party platform bookings; (c) rates provided by tour operators or wholesalers; (d) employee discounted rates; (e) corporate and group rates whether paid individually or under a master account.
- Eligible Charges. Travelodge Cashback Credits may only be earned based on the relevant percentage of Eligible Charges on a Member’s bill at a Participating Hotel. These Eligible Charges can include room and add-on charges booked through the www.travelodgehotels.asia website or the Travelodge Hotels Asia mobile app. Travelodge Cashback Credits are not awarded for expenditure on tax of whatever nature, service charges, gratuities, hotel incidentals, no show, cancellation charges, or the value of any Travelodge Cashback Credit redeemed in any bill.
- Eligible Charges for Multiple Rooms. Members may earn Travelodge Cashback Credits on all Eligible Charges for up to nine (9) hotel rooms at any point of time provided those rooms are used in conjunction with the Member’s Stay at the same Participating Hotel, and the Member’s Travelodge Cashback account number is recorded on each reservation, or the Eligible Charges from those multiple room reservations are referred to on the hotel room bill associated with the Member’s reservation.
- Multiple Members Staying in Room. Where more than one Member are staying in a room, only the Member whose name and Travelodge Cashback account number are on the reservation record will be awarded Travelodge Cashback Credits.
- No Shows and Cancellations. Travelodge Cashback Credits are not awarded for no-shows or rooms that are cancelled after the hotel cancellation time even if the room is paid for in full.
5. Redemption of Travelodge Cashback Credits:
- Mode of Redemption. Travelodge Cashback Credits can be redeemed by Members as a credit value (1 Cashback Credit equivalent to 1 U.S. dollar) for their room rate at Participating Hotels. Any foreign currency conversion required to effect redemption will be effected at a rate determined by Travelodge Hotel Asia at its sole discretion. Redemptions must be made through the www.travelodgehotels.asia website or the Travelodge Hotels Asia mobile app only. The Programme may limit the number of transactions and/or the maximum number of Travelodge Cashback Credits that may be redeemed per day. Travelodge Cashback Credits are not awarded for no-shows or rooms that are cancelled after the hotel cancellation time even if the room is paid for in full.
- Cancelled Reservations. Members who cancel their reservation with Travelodge Cashback Credits applied prior to the latest cancellation time set by the Participating Hotel will have the relevant Travelodge Cashback Credits redeemed for that reservation re-deposited into their Travelodge Cashback account within 2 business days. Members who fail to cancel their reservations with Travelodge Cashback Credits applied before the hotel’s
cancellation deadline and Members who do not use their reservation (no-show) are subject to a no-show charge based on the applicable hotel policy, plus tax, per room, billed to the credit card used to guarantee the reservation upon booking and the Travelodge Cashback Credits will not be re-deposited in such cases.
6. Travelodge Cashback Account
- Functions. By accessing the Travelodge Cashback account, Members can:
- view their Travelodge Cashback Credits statement and balances, other rewards,
transaction history and Membership status;
- view their reservation history and modify any current reservations; and
- subscribe to the Travelodge Hotels Asia newsletters, and manage subscriptions.
- view their Travelodge Cashback Credits statement and balances, other rewards,
- Adjustments. The Travelodge Cashback Credits listed in the Travelodge Cashback account are subject to change to reflect actual stay information, any adjustments based on these Terms and Conditions or the terms of a promotion, correction of errors, and Programme changes. If a Member believes any account activity statement is inaccurate, please contact the Travelodge Cashback Customer Care Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org. Travelodge Cashback Credit adjustments will not be made more than 90 days after the staying date. Please keep all hotel room receipts for records, as they will be required for Travelodge Cashback Credits adjustment requests based on those hotel stays.
- Claims. If Travelodge Cashback Credits are not credited correctly within seven (7) days of the check-out date for a Qualified Stay, the Member may submit a claim by email to our Customer Care Centre at email@example.com within 90 days after the staying date. For the claim to be processed, the Member must attach a copy of the paid invoice from the relevant hotel. This invoice must not include handwritten modifications. Only the document printed by the hotel is acceptable and must be issued in the name of the Member making the claim.
7. Member Information
- Member Account. To register in the Programme, Members must create an account by filling in the information required in the registration form, including their username (“Username”). The Member declares that the information provided in the registration form or sends to Travelodge Hotels Asia is true and complete. Travelodge Hotels Asia is not responsible for any consequences or losses arising from any errors or incomplete information provided or sent by the Member. The Member’s Username and access passwords are strictly personal and confidential. The Member is solely responsible for safeguarding and using these. Travelodge Hotels Asia is not responsible to the Member for any harm arising from any illicit, fraudulent, or inappropriate use of the Username. The Member is responsible for informing Travelodge Hotels Asia immediately if an unauthorised person has used their Username or if the Username is lost or forgotten. Travelodge Hotels Asia assumes no responsibility for any communications interruption, omission, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, line failure, or technical error.
- Contact Information. Members must use a valid email address to join the Programme. Two or more Members may not use the same email address. Members must provide current and valid contact information and keep such information updated in their Member profile. Travelodge Hotels Asia relies on member contact information as reflected in Member profiles for any necessary communications. By joining the Programme, the Member agrees to receive electronic communications relating to the operation of, and services offered by, the Programme, including information messages, monthly statements, and information regarding the operation of the Member’s account. Travelodge Hotels Asia has the right to terminate a Member’s account and/or revoke privileges or benefits (including any accrued Travelodge Cashback Credits) if an account is not associated with valid contact information, is related to multiple email addresses, or is suspected of being related to fraudulent or abusive activity.
- Member Warranties. By registering and participating in the Programme, each Member warrants and agrees:
- to maintain and use only one Travelodge Cashback account at any time;
- to be the only individual using the Travelodge Cashback account which shall not be shared with any other persons;
- that valid contact information has been provided and will be kept updated;
- that the Member’s name as shown in the member profile matched the legal identification of the Member;
- that the Member only has one email address registered in the Programme;
- that the Member has read and understood these Terms & Conditions;
- that the Member is at least 18 years of age and is legally considered to be an adult and has the legal capacity to contract in his jurisdiction; and
- that the Member is not enrolled as a company and/or other entity, as only individuals are permitted to register in the Programme.
8. Termination of Membership.
- Termination by Travelodge Hotels Asia. Travelodge Hotels Asia may terminate at any time any Membership which does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, where it has reason to suspect any fraud, abuse, or dishonesty, or where it is necessary or reasonable to do so in order to comply or satisfy and law, regulation or court order
- Termination by Member. If a Member chooses to stop participating in this Programme, please contact the Travelodge Cashback Customer Care Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Effects of Termination. All membership termination constitutes a complete withdrawal from the Programme, the termination of all privileges, benefits and claims by the Member (including any accrued Travelodge Cashback Credits) and the end of any relationship whatsoever between Travelodge Hotels Asia and the Member under the Programme.
9. General Terms.
- No Monetary Value. Travelodge Cashback Credits have no monetary or resale value, are not redeemable for cash or any other form of credit, cannot be sold or withdrawn in exchange for currency, cannot be refunded, and have no value until presented for redemption in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Members have no ownership interest in accrued Travelodge Cashback Credits, and accrued Travelodge Cashback Credits do not constitute property of a Member. The use of the word “earn” herein, or in marketing materials, in relation to Travelodge Cashback Credits shall mean “collect” and shall not mean that the Cashback Credits have any monetary value. The use of the words “Cashback” or “Credit” herein, or in marketing materials, in relation to the Programme or Travelodge Cashback Credits shall not mean or imply that the Travelodge Cashback Credits may be redeemed or withdrawn in exchange for currency or are valuable instruments or have any monetary value. No proprietary right is gained or granted over any monies or assets held by Travelodge Hotels Asia in relation to the award of Travelodge Cashback Credits. Travelodge Cashback Credits do not constitute monies held on trust by Travelodge Hotels Asia for the Member’s benefit. The Member’s rights are solely limited to such rights of redemption as are expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions. Travelodge Cashback Credits may not be purchased or sold, and are non-transferable.
- Restrictions. Members are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations, applicable terms and conditions of their employment, their employers’ internal policies and procedures, and any other rules to which they are subject in relation to their participation in the Programme. Travelodge Hotels Asia assumes no responsibility or liability for Members’ participation in the Programme or compliance with any such terms, conditions, policies, laws, rules, or regulations. These Terms and Conditions only apply to the extent permitted by the applicable laws and regulations of the relevant jurisdiction of the applicable Member. To the extent any of the provisions in these Terms and Conditions are not permitted under the laws of the relevant jurisdiction, the Memberagrees that the remaining portions of these Terms and Conditions that are permissible shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by law. This Programme or participation in it is not valid, and the awarding of Travelodge Cashback Credits is void, where prohibited or restricted by the jurisdiction of the Member.
- Release. By participating in the Programme, each Programme Member agrees, to the fullest extent under applicable law, to release, discharge, and hold harmless Travelodge Hotels Asia, its advertising and promotion agencies, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their directors, officers, agents, and employees from all claims or damages arising out of any use or misuse of the Programme by that Member. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Travelodge Hotels Asia shall not be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or other indirect damages or for any loss profits, loss data or loss of use damages.
- Updates to Terms and Conditions. The Programme and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Travelodge Hotels Asia. Travelodge Hotels Asia reserves all rights to modify, alter, or otherwise update the Terms and Conditions, and to modify, suspend, or cancel the Programme (including Travelodge Cashback Credits) at any time without prior notice. Travelodge Hotels Asia reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Programme without providing any notice or reason. The “last updated” date set forth in these Terms and Conditions indicates when changes have been last made, and Members are responsible for checking and reviewing changes to the Terms and Conditions regularly. By continuing your Membership in the Programme after the date on which changes are last made to the Terms and Conditions, you are agreeing to those changes and affirming your agreement to comply with all the Terms and Conditions, as updated. The latest Terms and Conditions supersede and replace all prior published Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are to be interpreted at the sole discretion of Travelodge Hotels Asia.
- Tax Liability. To the extent that the Members’ participation in the Programme or the award, receipt or redemption of any Travelodge Cashback Credits may be subject to tax liability or whatever nature, any such tax liability is the responsibility of the Member. Travelodge Hotels Asia bears no responsibility and makes no representation as to the tax treatment of any Travelodge Cashback Credits or the Programme.
- Assignment by Travelodge Hotels Asia. Travelodge Hotels Asia may assign or transfer any rights or obligations under this Programme, or any other loyalty programme, at any time to any related or unrelated entity, in its sole discretion with notice to the Members.
- Third Parties. A person who does not register and participate in the Programme shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 2001 to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Dispute Resolution. In the event of any dispute relating to these Terms and Conditions, please contact the Travelodge Cashback Customer Care Centre at email@example.com. Any unresolved dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause. The seat of the arbitration shall be Singapore. The language of the arbitration shall be English. The Tribunal shall consist of one (1) arbitrator.
- Governing Law. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Singapore.
For more inquiries about the Travelodge Cashback Programme kindly contact our Customer Care Centre via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.